New Suzuki Ignis ... available from January 2017
- The new Ignis is a compact crossover designed to offer a stylish exterior along with versatile functionality that is convenient and easy to use.
- Its new styling features strong presence that skilfully blends a fresh new look with elements that remain true to its Suzuki heritage.
- Suzuki’s lightweight and highly rigid new-generation platform incorporates a newly designed suspension system that delivers excellent handling.
- The SHVS (Smart Hybrid Vehicle by Suzuki) system employed by the 1.2 DUALJET engine helps deliver powerful performance and excellent fuel economy.
Suzuki Motor Corporation today unveiled the Ignis at the Paris Motor Show as its new global compact crossover. The new Ignis wraps convenience and comfort in a stylish new exterior. It exudes Suzuki DNA from every pore, while at the same time introducing an entirely new design with unique character. In addition to its simple and iconic styling, this compact SUV offers the functionality and performance to provide confident driving in a wide variety of conditions. Sales are scheduled to begin in Europe in January 2017, after which the model will also be introduced in other markets.
1. Design and utility
In addition to its stylish exterior design, the Ignis features excellent visibility, an easy-to-drive size, a spacious cabin and ample luggage space, as well as a sense of confidence, even on rough roads. The development goal was to create purely iconic crossover styling that is undoubtedly Suzuki.
2. Fusing a “simple and iconic” design with Suzuki DNA
While inheriting design elements of the first-generation Cervo and first-generation Vitara, as well as the previous generation Swift, the Ignis introduces simple straight lines and curves that accentuate its distinct personality and appeal, and that leave a strong impression at first sight.
3. Powerful performance combined with excellent fuel economy
The Ignis adopts a larger percentage of lightweight and strong high-tensile steel, making it possible to reduce vehicle weight while still maintaining a high level of rigidity. Adding the SHVS mild hybrid system to this realises dynamic driving performance combined with excellent fuel efficiency.
4. Advanced safety equipment
Two stereo cameras monitor the distance between the vehicle and other objects, as well as the shape of those objects. This becomes the basis for the following three advanced safety functions: Dual Camera Brake Support (DCBS), lane departure warning, and weaving alert.
5. Display audio with navigation function
Support for various smartphone connectivity systems allows the driver to connect a smartphone and access compatible apps on the touch screen display. Inserting SD cards that contain map data also enables the use of the navigation function.
Ever since the first Jimny made its debut in April 1970, it has been a…Read more >